Tuesday, September 22, 2015

6 Ways I Stay Balanced

0

6 ways I stay balanced

If you forgot to join me last week for the #BOSUStrong challenge or just weren’t up for the cardio, make sure you join me this week as it’s all about the balance! We’re standing on one leg, lunging, and BOSU squatting our way through the week.

But balance means more than just being able to stand on one leg, it also means being able to do what you love while making healthy choices at the same time. It means putting in the work and still finding time for playing with my toddler. Or eating the oreos but balancing it out with organic milk. (<-- bahaha because that's a total balance, right?) Or a stroller run with my tot and squats, pushups & handstands (because they're fun to do) at home when you can’t make it to the gym.

Here are the 6 ways I stay balanced - what are yours?

I make time for myself by setting my alarm before the rest of the family wakes up.
My favorite me time is when everyone is sleeping.
My rule when it comes to a balanced diet is MODERATION. Eat that cookie, just not the whole bag.
I make fitness a priority by not giving in to excuses.
When I get stressed or overwhelmed, my go to is to get outside and get some fresh air.
I do outdoor acitivities with my kids (walks/bikerides/runs) to help my family stay balanced.

Bonus:
Here are my fave 6 moves to help improve your balance:

  1.  handstands
  2.  hallow back (against a wall)
  3.  drop it like a squat
  4.  tree pose
  5.  standing still on two feet (haha i kid i kid)
  6. balancing on one foot while holding the other to the side

0 comments:

Post a Comment