Thursday, April 4, 2013

Should I snooze?

0

Lately, I have been struggling to get up when my alarm goes off at 5:25 a.m. I mean, seriously struggling. Last week, I didn't even bother turning the alarm off. I figured I was saving myself the step from having to turn it off in the morning to get an extra hour or so sleeping. 

See, here's the thing. My intentions are good, but my body is so darn exhausted that it would rather sleep. Sure, that's an excuse but I just couldn't get out of bed and even when I'd wake up for the day (about 2 hours later) I still did not feel well rested. I'm sure staying up until midnight has something to do with it -- I'm working on going to bed earlier. 


Anyway, this lovely Thursday morning, I had actually set my alarm the night before and got up when it sounded! It was quite a big deal to me. (I'm giving myself a thumbs up - just so you know!) 

Unfortunately, I didn't make the decision on what program I was going to do when I got up. So, I sat there looking at Turbo Fire, Insanity, Brazil Butt Lift, ChaLEAN Extreme and opted for Turbo Fire's Sculpt 30 class. To make it even more of a challenge I used a heavy band. Holy wow! A simple switch in bands and I felt so weak! That sucker was tough, but I did it! My shoulders are going to look FABULOUS! 

So, that's that! My workout is done. Time to get the day started. I know the minis will be waking up soon and so starts our morning routine of breakfast, getting ready for school, making the beds and getting out the door without a fight.  It's going to be a great day, I can just feel it!

Oh and this evening at Fit Club, we get to try out Shaun T's newest program, T25 which hasn't even launched it. I've heard it's awesome and I can't wait to get a taste of what it's all about!

Have a great day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment